Brokers are professionals and it is our job to accurately assess our customers' risks and what cover is required.
We Save You Time – We speak to insurers on your behalf, meaning you don’t have to spend time searching for the best policy, whether that’s for a new policy, at renewal, or if you need to make a claim.
We Save You Money – Insurers often give different (lower) rates to brokers than to their direct customers. It's because business arranged through a broker is a lower risk for insurers.
Unlike comparison websites, brokers offer specialist expertise, have access to all major insurers, and will give you guidance on which products best suit your needs.
Our account handlers deal with specific policies, so you know you can always speak to the same person. Your handler is available on direct dial, which means no time wasted waiting to speak to somebody.
WE MAKE INSURANCE PERSONAL!
What Makes a Good Broker?
When it comes down to it, what are the key elements you look for when placing your insurance? Some clients may say price is their driving factor which, of course, is perhaps more important now than ever, but ask yourself what do you consider to be value?
Is it the confidence in your broker? Their diligence? Their understanding of your business? Their expertise in the field? Or perhaps it’s their availability? Do you know if you can get hold of them when you need them most?
Regrettably, as some may know, if your insurance isn’t correct then your policy may not respond in the event of a claim. Can you afford to take that risk?
Often, it’s only when you make a claim that you see the true value of your broker. Our advice would be:
Don’t find out when it’s too late that a decision solely based on price may not have been the right one.
Personal, Commercial and Car Insurance Broker in Leatherhead and Surrey | Useful Information
Our useful information page and customer portal gives new and existing customers better access to our key products and services. Located in Leatherhead, R T Waters Ltd has customer-facing High Street premises. Clients who would prefer to talk to our insurance brokers over the telephone can call us on 01372 375155.
We trade as established personal, commercial and car insurance brokers with more than 100 years of combined staff experience.
It is commonplace for insurers to request licence information from policyholders when arranging cover. Because of the abolishment of the driving licence paper counterpart, policyholders must now supply information to insurers through an online service provided by the DVLA.
This service stops instances of fraud, reduces the number of fraudulent claims made and, as a result, lowers the overall cost of insurance premiums.
Your insurer can use the DVLA service to:
• View your driving record
• View the vehicles you drive
• Check for penalty points
• Check for disqualifications
The link below will direct you to the DVLA website. Please follow the instructions provided. Before starting, you will need your driving licence number, your national insurance number and your postcode. The website will issue you with a personal licence check code upon completion of the forms.
Once you have your check code, please complete our own forms (below) and submit your information to us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulty in completing our forms.
Please use the submission form below to let us know you have made a BACS payment.
Please use the submission form below to request duplicate documents. There may be a charge for this service. Please refer to our terms of business for further information.
Please use the following numbers to report a claim:
• Motor Claims: Call ALPS on 0844 848 1200
• Motor Claims: Call BD Elite on 01204 567567
• Breakdown Claims: Call BD Elite on 01204 567497
• Household Claims: Call BD Elite on 01204 567480
• Non-Motor Claims: Call R T Waters Ltd on 01372 375155
Please adhere to the following advice on all claims:
• Check that everybody involved in the accident is OK. If unsure, call an ambulance and the police immediately on 999. Apply first aid if trained to do so
• With the exception of anybody suffering serious injuries, move everybody to a safe place
• Use a camera or a mobile phone to take photographs of the accident scene, remembering to include all vehicles involved and any instances of note
• Obtain all driver, insurance and witness details. Also, obtain the details of all police officers attending the scene and make notes of any relevant details
Escape of Water
• Turn off the water at the mains stopcock immediately
• Turn off the electrical supply
• Call an emergency plumber to attend your property
• Only try to minimise loss if it is safe to do so
• Make a claim, via your broker, as soon as possible
Burglary and Theft
• Contact the police and make sure you obtain a crime reference number
• Contact a locksmith or a glazier to attend and secure your property
• Evacuate the property immediately unless you can extinguish a smaller fire safely
• Call 999 and ask for the fire and rescue service
• Raise the alarm with neighbouring property owners
• Secure as much as possible without jeopardising your personal safety
• Be aware that the emergency services may deem it necessary to disconnect mains supplies
• Contact your insurer, via your broker, at the earliest opportunity to report any losses
We strongly recommend that you keep all building and contents insurance policies in a place where you can easily find them in the future.
Please click here for our terms of business